Window dressings

Curtain Alterations

Now for something REALLY ambitious…

When we moved into our house I left most of our curtains behind except for our bedroom curtains.  These are huge for our new bedroom window so I thought, with my new sewing machine, I would alter them.

What a disaster!!

I’ve never worked with fabric so large and I struggled to keep up with the width of fabric (probably 5 metres) and measured and cutting.  Fortunately I don’t plan to keep these curtains once we redecorate but what a nightmare!  I did one curtain and then didn’t have time to do any more.  There is one more curtain and two linings to do too!

I have since had a tip – fold the fabric and cut through several layers.  This makes a lot of sense!

Time taken: so far about 2 hours but this project isn’t finished yet!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s